Monday, June 4, 2007

Chapter Books, Summer Camp, and Moving on Up

Chase finished his first chapter book yesterday (before starting Kindergarten!). It was "Minnie and Moo Go to the Moon" and he was very proud of himself. He really is doing very well with his reading. Now he's working on "Minnie and Moo: The Case of the Missing Jelly Donut." He has made himself several bookmarks now that he's reading chapter books and is very serious about making sure he doesn't lose his place. I'm going to make him an opthalmologist appointment soon, though, because I noticed him covering one eye while reading. It's been 2 years since his last eye exam, so he's probably due anyway.
Today was his first day of summer camp. He was pretty excited about going (mostly about the 2 recesses they have), but when we got there they kind of rushed him in and he looked a little apprehensive, so I'm not sure how that's going to go. He has a friend from school and her little sister who will also be there, but I could only see the little sister when I peeked into the class. I think he would have felt better if he'd had one person he recognized in his class with him.
Today is also a big day for Cole -- his first day in the 2 year old class at school. He should have moved back in March, but today was the first day they had an opening in the class for him. I think he'll be excited to move into the "big class" with all the cool toys, but I think he'll miss his old teacher around naptime.
So anyway, big day today for the boys. I'll try to post an update later after I pick them up.

No comments: