Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Outwitted by a 2 year old

I decided to give potty-training another shot. This time, I took the advice that has been offered to me again and again and I started using bribes. I bought a big bag of peanut butter m&m's and put them in a bowl on the counter. I showed them to Cole and then told him that each time he peed on the potty, he could get 1 m&m, and each time he pooped, he could get 2 m&m's.

He was intrigued by the concept. He went straight to the bathroom, produced approximately 3 drops of urine, dumped his little potty into the big potty, flushed, and proudly collected his m&m. He then repeated this SIX times -- in a span of about 30 minutes. He figured out that all he has to do is stop peeing mid-stream to maximize his m&m collection. The child has amazing control.

At this rate, I'll be out of m&m's by tonight, and I'm pretty sure he'll be done with the potty once the m&m well runs dry. I may as well just stick with the diapers. I think they'll be cheaper than all the m&m's I'll need.

No comments: